Sunday, February 10, 2008

DJ Retreat!

My LQS has an upstairs that is set up for sleeping--and of course it is
decorated in beautiful quilts. They have just recently started opening it up for
people to have retreats.

Friday night I met about 5 other ladies and we had our own little "DJ
retreat". It was great--between the 6 of us we got over 50 blocks
done in 24 hours! I myself did 6 blocks--twice--for a total of 12! One for each of my Janes. And they were NOT the easy ones!

We stayed up until about 3 am sewing and then started again a few
hours later. Unfortunately the shop we were sewing at closed at 3pm so we
all had to go home. Well, maybe it wasn't so unfortunate--I did go to
bed at 8:30 last night because I was so tired!

If you get the opportunity to go to a retreat (and I can't wait until
"someday" when I can go to Shipshe!)--you should do it. It's very
motivating!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful and very productive retreat! Hope to meet you in Shipshewana sometime.