Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas part II

Ok, so...I got up at 5:00 a.m. and finished the green and yellow quilt, then I cut and chopped and made the potato salads (one without eggs because my daughter is allergic).

The deal this year was, I made quilts and "stuff" and did the greatest majority of the shopping and my dear spouse was supposed to do the gift wrapping. YEAH! (I hate wrapping!)

So at this point--before the ham went into the oven--I said, where do you stand on the gift wrapping? He replied, I have a few left to wrap, no problem. I'll get them after my shower. So we put the ham in the oven. I took MY shower, then called my daughter and said "we won't be late this year! Things are well in hand!" Then I walked into the back bedroom where the wrapping was supposed to take place...and promptly called my daughter back and told her I didn't know how late we would be. For the next hour I stuffed presents and tissue paper in gift bags, filled out gift tags, and boxed and wrapped Christmas gifts. OH MAN! I think he thinks this will get him out of wrapping next year! I'll find SOME way to get him involved. Of course, if we didn't tell anyone, they wouldn't have noticed the shoddy gift wrapping!

Or maybe not.

I really had to remind myself of the "reason for the season". But other than being an hour late getting to my daughters (and we weren't the last ones there), it was a lovely day.

No comments: