Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!







Another Christmas come and gone. Why do we think the children today have forgotten what the season is all about? And are so happy when they love the gift(s) we have choosen for them? The gifts that meant the most to me were the quilts I gave to people I love.

Among them...a cowboy quilt for my 6-year-old grandson. When he opened it he started jumping up and down--"a cowboy quilt--a cowboy quilt" and smiling from ear to ear. I knew that was a hit. Then my sister sent sent him a horse costume--I didn't even tell her it was a cowboy theme this year! He was thrilled!

My granddaughter got the "circle" quilt. And my daughter's mother-in-law got the green and yellow quilt. They loved their quilts too. Hopefully as much as I did! I had a hard time giving Rhonda the green & yellow one. I love those fabrics!

Does anyone else have trouble giving away the quilts they've made? Even when I start one with a specific person in mind...I think it's because I put so much "me" into each quilt I make.

Anyway, hope your Christmas was as good as mine! Please say a prayer for all of those that most need us right now--including those that do not have a family, the homeless, and our service men and women...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: